Human Resources Specialist (Norfolk)
|Title:||Human Resources Specialist (Norfolk)|
|Job Location:||Norfolk, Virginia|
DescriptionPosition opened: 10/8/13
Positon closed: 10/22/13 COB
CN Control #N2013-026
Listing 3.04.04 v1
An Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/D/V. AAP. Drug-free workplace. E-verify. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. We do not typically sponsor H-1B visas.
Must apply online through corporate website at www.clarknexsen.com.
Celebrating over 90 years of success, Clark Nexsen, PC is a full-service, multi-discipline architectural and engineering design firm. We are headquartered in Norfolk, Virginia with offices in Washington DC, Raleigh, Asheville and Charlotte, NC, Richmond and Roanoke, VA, and Macon, Brunswick, and Atlanta, GA. Our 475+ employees enjoy competitive compensation and benefits, an upbeat and professional work environment, and numerous opportunities for career development. We are ranked among the top 200 international A/E design firms by Engineering News-Record and have been recognized many times as one of the Top 10 Best Places to Work. We promote strong ties with the communities in which we live and work - our employees are involved in countless community service projects.
Generous benefits include Health, Dental, 401k, Short- and Long-term Disability, Vacation/Sick. Optional Aflac, Flexible Benefits, and Legal Resources available.
We seek to hire a Human Resources Specialist
in our Norfolk Office
who will be part of an human resources team responsible for supporting a large architectural and engineering firm.
General areas of involvement and responsibilities include:
- Assures compliance with COBRA guidelines; prepares/processes necessary paperwork; receives and records COBRA insurance premium payments
- Assists with health, life, disability and other insurance enrollments; communicates with service providers concerning routine enrollments, terminations, etc.
- Monthly reconciliation of insurance invoices (benefits) to ensure proper payment to vendors and proper payroll deductions
- Maintains benefit records/files by processing benefit enrollments and changes; reviews information for accuracy, proper effective dates and group numbers; obtains approval for processing; record information in system
- Assists with creation of job descriptions and job postings according to approved format
- Assists with recordkeeping requirements for personnel actions
- Assist with on-boarding process (prepare new employee packages, review with new employee, process completed paperwork). Prepare and maintain personnel and other related employment/benefit files. Provide payroll department with new employee information
- Assists in hiring process by receiving new job request forms, create and post open positions (ensuring compliance with government contractor requirements), review resumes/applications, coordinate and schedule telephone and on-site interviews and reference checks
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum High School diploma or GED (equivalent) AND
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or related studies
Licenses, Certifications, and Accreditations (preferred)
- Professional in Human Resources Certification (PHR)
- MS Excel
- MS Outlook
- MS Word
- Adobe Acrobat
- HR Software
Minimum 2 years experience working in Human Resources.
Additional consideration will be given to:
Other Criteria and Considerations
- Applicants who have a basic understanding of bookkeeping (employee benefit reconciliation and benefit invoice entry)
The ideal candidate will:
- Live locally or have local ties to the area
- Present an organized application and resume. Affirmative answers to relevant experience questions in the application should be clearly backed up in the application itself and within your resume (which can be attached).
- Possess good communication skills. (Your online application and resume will be reviewed for written communication skills, completeness, and attention to detail.)
- Have an enthusiastic, client-oriented, can-do attitude with a desire to provide outstanding professional services
- Be dedicated to his or her professional development as well as the success of colleagues and the firm as a whole
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications