|Title:||Billing Specialist |
|Job Location:||Norfolk, Virginia|
Open Date: 06/10/2014
Close Date: 06/24/2014 cob
listing 3.06.02 v3
An Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Disabilities/Veterans. AAP. Drug-free workplace. E-verify. Applicant must be legally authorized to work for Clark Nexsen without employer sponsorship. We do not typically sponsor H-1B or any other work visa petitions.
Must complete online application and attach resume through corporate website at www.clarknexsen.com.
Celebrating over 90 years of success, Clark Nexsen, Inc is a full-service, multi-discipline architectural and engineering design firm. We are headquartered in Norfolk, Virginia with offices in Washington DC, Raleigh, Charlotte, and Asheville, NC, Richmond and Roanoke, VA, and Macon, Brunswick, and Atlanta, GA. Our 475+ employees enjoy competitive compensation and benefits, an upbeat and professional work environment, and numerous opportunities for career development. We are ranked among the top 200 international A/E design firms by Engineering News-Record and have been recognized many times as one of the Top 10 Best Places to Work. We promote strong ties with the communities in which we live and work - our employees are involved in countless community service projects.
Generous benefits include Health, Dental, 401k, Short- and Long-term Disability, Vacation/Sick. Optional Aflac, Flexible Benefits, and Legal Resources are available.
We seek to hire an Billing Specialist
in our Norfolk Office
who will be part of an accounting team responsible for supporting a large architectural and engineering firm.
include but are not limited to the following:
- Enters new projects into Deltek Vision;
- Create and maintain new contract files;
- Coordinates invoicing schedule with PIC/PM/PMA;
- Process invoices for all offices. This includes working with the PIC/PM/PMA to be sure all contract paperwork is in order and proper backup is included with the invoice if applicable;
- Enter invoices in various online payment systems or getting hard copies mailed timely;
- Copy, file and mail hard copies of invoices promptly;
- Maintains various ad hoc reports as needed by management;
- Provide backup to account payable and consultant tracking;
- Other tasks as assigned
- High school diploma or GED equivalent is required.
The Billing Specialists should be able to effectively utilize company software programs for e-mail and information management. Current programs include:
- Deltek Vision (PAT & EI Systems Strongly Preferred)
- MS Excel (Advanced Skills Strongly Preferred)
- MS Outlook (Advanced Skills Strongly Preferred)
- MS Word
- Adobe Acrobat
- Quickbooks (not required)
The Billing Specialist should have a minimum of 7 years’ experience working in an accounting office of a large firm. Experience working with a governmental contractor is preferred.
- Present an organized application and resume. Answers demonstrating experience or knowledge should be clearly presented or supported by the resume.
- Possess excellent written communication skills, being able to prepare effective and concise documents.
- Possess strong verbal communication skills, being comfortable communicating with all levels of management, employees, clients/and or vendors in a professional manner.
- Have an attention to detail and desire to produce quality work
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications