Industrial Mechanical Engineer (Brunswick)
|Title:||Industrial Mechanical Engineer (Brunswick)|
|Job Location:||Brunswick, Georgia|
Posting Open Date: Monday, December 23, 2013
Posting Close Date: Monday, January 13, 2014 COB
An Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/D/V. AAP. Drug-free workplace. E-verify. Applicants must be legally authorized to work for Clark Nexsen without employer sponsorship. Clark Nexsen does not typically sponsor H1B or other work visa petitions.
Must apply online through corporate website at www.clarknexsen.com.
Celebrating over 90 years of success, Clark Nexsen, PC is a full-service, multi-discipline architectural and engineering design firm. We are headquartered in Norfolk, Virginia with offices in Washington DC, Raleigh, Charlotte, and Asheville, NC, Richmond and Roanoke, VA, and Macon, Brunswick, and Atlanta, GA. Our 475+ employees enjoy competitive compensation and benefits, an upbeat and professional work environment, and numerous opportunities for career development. We are ranked among the top 200 international A/E design firms by Engineering News-Record and have been recognized many times as one of the Top 10 Best Places to Work. We promote strong ties with the communities in which we live and work - our employees are involved in countless community service projects.
Generous benefits include Health, Dental, 401k, Short- and Long-term Disability, Vacation/Sick. Optional Aflac, Flexible Benefits, and Legal Resources are available.
We seek to hire an Industrial Mechanical Engineer
in our Brunswick, Georgia
office who will perform industrial and mechanical engineering services on industrial process projects of small to large scope for facilities that process minerals, pulp and paper, and petrochemicals.
include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Performing various design services as an engineer, including Conceptual Studies, Process flow diagrams, P&IDs, mass balance, calculations, equipment selection, instrument selection and general arrangements for bulk material handling, process piping, conveyance equipment detail shop drawings, dust collection, chute fabrication drawings, tank/bin design, and equipment platforms/catwalks with minimal direction from supervising staff.
- Providing oversight and coordination of projects, and working with assigned design managers and project managers, to meet client’s budget, contract fees, goals, objectives, and deadlines
- Coordinating and communicating all aspects of industrial and mechanical design within multi-disciplinary teams as requested by the Design Manager or Project Engineer.
- Developing project schematic designs, design development designs, and construction documents
- Complying with quality control policies and procedures
- Providing support services during the bidding process, i.e., preparing addenda, amendments, open bids, tabulate bids, etc. as directed
- Performing construction phase services including representing the firm on-site, answering RFI’s, reviewing shop drawings, preparing as-builts, etc. as directed
- Working with, responding to, and taking direction from senior engineers and project managers
- Working independently with limited direction
- Supervising and mentoring junior staff in the Industrial Engineering Department
- Performing other responsibilities as assigned by the Project Engineer, Design Manager, Project Managers, principals, and senior management.
include but are not limited to the following:
- Perform Engineer tasks as directed
- Responsible for document organization and clarity
- Responsible for discipline drawing coordination
- Drafting of plans, partial plans, sections, details
- Completing sections and details produced to a schematic-level of completion by the Engineer
- Create schematic-level plans and details for approval by the Mechanical Engineer
- Developing an accurate, three-dimensional model of the mechanical systems with the necessary level of detail using the required Building Information Modeling (BIM) software package, when BIM is a project requirement
- Develop design options for resolution of system conflicts
- Assist with building systems calculations and LEED templates
- Participate in building system selections
- Participate in building code analysis process
- Monitor individual performance relative to project budget and schedule
- Coordinate work product with other disciplines
- Adhere to project budget and schedule
- Travel, up to 30%
Licenses, Certifications, and Accreditations
- A four-year, ABET accredited, undergraduate degree in a field of study related to engineering
- EIT certification or PE licensure is desirable
- 24 hour MSHA miner safety training is desirable
- Applicable Autodesk certifications are desirable
- Active membership in drafting or modeling-related organizations (local or web-based) is desirable
- Certificate of Management for Building Information Modeling (CM-BIM) is desirable
- Additional certifications such as CDT, CCS, or CCCA are encouraged to reflect personal growth in the profession and an ever increasing knowledge base to enhance the design and documentation process is desirable
An Industrial Engineer should be able to effectively utilize current company software programs for word processing, e-mail, and information management.
Working familiarity with design and production software to a point of being able to utilize the software in the development of project documents and interact with other project team members in their use of the software is highly desirable.
Specific software includes:
- Microsoft Office
- For this position, an Industrial Mechanical Engineer should typically have 4 years or more of significant A/E industrial consulting experience as a CAD or BIM Technician, Designer or Senior Designer working under the supervision and guidance of a licensed Mechanical or Industrial Engineer (PE).
- Design or construction experience in Design/Build and EPC project delivery methods is desirable.
- On-site experience with Industrial safety programs and compliance with site specific safety programs in an Industrial plant environment is required
- A minimum of 4 years specific experience with one or more of the following areas: bulk material handling, process piping, conveyance equipment detail shop drawings, dust collection, chute fabrication drawings, tank/bin design, equipment platforms/catwalks, MSHA standards and other related industrial process design parameters is highly desired.
- Possess excellent communication skills
- Possess technical precision and creative design skills
- Have an enthusiastic, client-oriented, can-do attitude with a desire to provide outstanding professional services
- Be dedicated to his or her professional development as well as the success of colleagues and the firm as a whole
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications